Your advocacy is working! Thank you for sending emails, making phone calls and personal visits, and writing op-eds.
Congress has reached a bipartisan agreement on a bill to fully fund the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities for the remainder of the current fiscal year (FY17), which ends on September 30, 2017.
After you call your representatives, you should also make time to call the following members for their amazing support of the arts:
- Rep. Ken Calvert (R-CA), Chairman House Interior Appropriations Subcommittee
DC Office: (202) 225-1986
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Chairman Senate Interior Appropriations Subcommittee
DC Office: (202) 224-6665
- Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), Co-Chair Congressional Arts Caucus
DC Office: (202) 225-3615
- Rep. Leonard Lance (R-NJ), Co-Chair Congressional Arts Caucus
DC Office: (202) 225-5361
- Sen. Tom Udall (D-NM), Co-Chair Senate Cultural Caucus
DC Office: (202) 224-6621
- Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME), Co-Chair Senate Cultural Caucus
DC Office: (202) 224-2523
Please continue your fight to #SAVEtheNEA! Though we have seen great progress in the FY17 budget, we will still have a fight ahead of us for the FY18 budget, where the President recommended eliminating the NEA and NEH. In the meantime we must continue to ensure that they are fully funded.